Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 14

This is my image for the day, though I should explain exactly *what* it is that I want you to see, because it may not be obvious from the outset:

As we left preschool early this afternoon, what seemed like hundreds of yellow and orange leaves fluttered from the trees above the parking lot to the ground in front of us. If you look reaaaallly closely, you may be able to see a few of them.

The funny thing was, I couldn't feel the wind at all. But given the constant flutter-flutter of those leaves, it was clearly there. And then the connection hit me a few minutes later as I was driving Isaac to his dance class: God is like that wind I couldn't see: powerful, and oftentimes, it seems like He's not there at all. But He is, and we can see the fruits of His work even when we can't feel Him.

That made more sense in my head than it does here, but I hope the message is clear enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment