Friday, November 29, 2013

November 29

I posted this photo to Facebook earlier today and I don't love re-using images, but it's really the best one I have.

I'm not one of those people, but I do shop a little on Black Friday, after the initial crowds go away, and usually by myself. But not today. I was shocked when I asked Abby if she wanted to come and she actually said yes. She's always been the can't-you-just-buy-me-clothes-and-bring-them-home kind of kid, but today she wanted to come along.

So she did.

And we had a mostly lovely time visiting a few select stores, picking up some presents for a few unnamed people and a few fun things, too. It was fun listening to her chatter about this and that, and it was even more fun seeing her personality shine. She actually wore that plastic-and-feather tiara everywhere went, and more than a few people told her how awesome it was.

That special mom/daughter time... it's a blessing.

1 comment: