Saturday, November 16, 2013

November 16

We went to a local eatery for lunch today. After I'd finished my monster chili cheeseburger, I looked over at Abby and Isaac and Brady and then around the room. And I remarked to Adam that I really, really liked the place. A lot.

It may sound a little strange, but Red Tractor feels like home to me. Logan loved it there, and I have distinct memories of him sitting in one of the signature red booths coloring a picture and noshing on his dish of choice.

Maybe it's because my family has farming roots and the place is decked out with rows and rows of canned goods in Ball jars. Or maybe it's the red toy tractors that line the shelves. Or maybe it's just that I can go in and go back in time a few years, back to when things were less complicated.

I guess it could be any of those. But regardless of where the truth lies, I'm grateful that I can feel at home while I'm there, and that I can carry that little taste of home with me throughout my day when I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment