Thursday, November 21, 2013

November 21

On Logan's "good days" at the hospital, we spent lots of time playing a very particular game. He loved it so much that we must've played it hundreds of times. So when I heard that the community service club at Abby and Isaac's school was collecting toys and games to be donated to a variety of places --including CHO-- I really wanted to donate that particular game.

The only issue? When Abby and I went shopping, I couldn't find it. We chose a variety of other nice things that Logan had enjoyed (and a few of the pink and girly ilk that Abby selected), but I was quietly sad that I hadn't found that one game.

Fast forward to this morning, the submission deadline. I took our bag of goodies to the donation box, which was outside. The skies were drizzly, so I decided to re-arrange things in order to keep the unboxed items dry. When I opened a big bag --the first and only big bag in the box-- I was really (really) happy to find this game inside:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse-themed Yahtzee Jr.

Logan's favorite game.

The one I'd been unable to find.

Happy memories of mornings at the window overlooking the BART tracks flitted through my mind. His infectious laughter came back to me. His huge grin. His beautiful eyes looking at me.

With a stream of teachers and kids passing by, I had to stop myself from cry-giggling like an idiot, but I was silently thrilled to see that familiar box tucked away inside that bag.

I'm sure that Logan --working in conjunction with God-- had a little something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment