Friday, November 15, 2013

November 15

Nothing particularly in depth to say today. As we passed the park this morning, I looked toward the school and was struck by the way the light filtered through the trees. It's hard to see it, but hey, I tried:

There's something so appealing to me about sunlight and how it tickles the earth and illuminates dark areas. In its very simplest form, it makes the entire world a brighter, happier place.

But it's much more complex than that. When I close my eyes and turn my face toward the rays and allow the heat to warm my cheeks, it feels like Logan is reaching out to touch me one more time.

And that is invaluable.

Oh, and before I forget, I want to wish a very happy birthday to my grandma, who turned 91 today. Thanks for the stories and sunshine you provided for me when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment