Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 21

Isaac decided today that he wanted to make a sheet of homework for Brady. Abby's been making homework pages for Isaac --featuring basic spelling, math and coloring-- for several months now, but it was the first time Isaac had done the same for his little brother.

He spent a good half an hour asking me to spell out each word as he painstakingly --and lovingly-- put together the worksheet. When Adam's mom arrived to take Brady for his occasional Tuesday night at grandma's house, Isaac tucked the page into his backpack.

Then this evening, when we called to say good-night, Brady had a message for Isaac:

Isaac, I did my homework!

I don't know why, but it got me. I love the way they love and care for each other. They fight like most kids do, but they love just as hard as they fight. And for that, I feel tremendously blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment