Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6

I'm sure I've mentioned that I'm not a morning person. Even back in high school when I was trucking it to school at 6 in the morning, I wasn't a morning person. Nope: I was a bleary-eyed crankpot. But even in my most bleary-eyed, most crankpotish state, I'll admit that there are advantages to being up when the sun rises. And this is one of them:

I took this picture of the sky as I walked from the car to the school this morning to drop the kids off for their first post-break day. It was so stunning that I had to stop and take a long look at it (even though I could feel the gaggle of teenage girls across the street looking at me curiously).

It reminded me that every day is a new day ripe with opportunity and potential; a chance for something new and better dawns with every new sunrise. And that's a very big blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday's sunrise was something spectacular. The oranges were so bright and vivid. I was loving it and wished I had a better view of it.

    ReplyDelete