Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 9

I remember when little girls were allowed to be little girls. When we could play with dollies and giggle and sing silly songs and be, well, innocent, well past kindergarten age.

The modern marriage of increased academic load and this strange, frenetic need that girls grow up faster changed things significantly. That's why I see so much of God in sights like this:

Abby took a long while getting dressed this morning. I was chomping at the bit to get out the door so we could get to school on time, but I smiled when she came downstairs wearing one of her dolly and me outfits. I'm so glad that despite influences that might push her in another direction, she still, at 9 years of age, likes playing with her dolls and she still, at 9 years of age, asks me to take her picture with said dolls.

It's precious, and there simply aren't enough precious things in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment