Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 1

I hoped to have something truly, amazingly spectacular for today's entry. After all, today begins the second year of this God wink-seeking escapade of mine. But nothing really blew me away... at least, not at first glance.

When I saw this during our walk this afternoon, I was immediately struck by the obvious (albeit unintentional) symbolism:

It felt a little lackluster as far as first-posts-of-new-years go, but it felt like the right choice. So I stuck with it. And then, a few hours later, I got it.

It's not just a heart on a tree. Nope. It's a reminder that love is literally everywhere. This world was created by love. And the good things in it exist because of love. So I think it's beautifully poetic that the new year should begin with a visual representation of that all-encompassing affection that is, at its most basic level, rooted in God Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment