Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 8

I was surprised to find the ground wet when I woke up this morning. It hasn't rained here --at least not an appreciable amount-- since the first half of 2013. Although there were no additional cloudbursts during the daytime hours, the sky threatened to let loose more than once:

Cloudy skies have such a poetic kind of beauty, if you ask me. The way the light bends and reflects is stunning and mysterious all at once, but at the same time, I know the atmosphere above the clouds is still unchanged.

The whole scene reminded me of a few truths. For one, what we can see --our experiences-- change and morph like the clouds, and sometimes those circumstances include storms or the threat of storms. But fortunately, I was also reminded that though things may seem uncertain, God is still above it all, just like the blue sky beyond those clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment