Saturday, May 10, 2014

May 10

I felt chipper today. It's a notable fact because I'm not often chipper. As a matter of fact, yesterday I fell asleep in my easy chair while watching Phineas and Ferb with Brady and Isaac and again on the couch an hour before it was time to pick up Abby from school. So the chipperishness was a nice (albeit sudden and unexpected) change of pace.

We had dance class, went for a walk, and I listened to some music while Adam took the kiddos out for a few hours in the afternoon. I even had enough gas in the tank to jog on my treadmill this evening. But one of my favorite moments of the day came as we were having ice cream from Coldstone following lunch.

My four favorite people in this world, lined up and eating a cool treat on a beautifully sunny day. (Logan is, of course, in that group too; he's just not "in" this world in a way that I can come close to understanding.)

I know that I've used a lot of family photos in recent months, and there's a simple reason for that: although God is indeed in everything (if you're paying attention and seeking Him out), He's most present in the faces of my loved ones. And that is an ongoing, neverending blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment