Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 25

I have a two-parter today that begins with a confession: I've been on the brink of calling it quits on this blog. I can see my stats, so I know there aren't many folks who still read it. And some days, I wonder if it's worth the effort since those aHA! winks are so rare of late. But then after church this morning, out of nowhere, my friend Barbara encouraged me to keep writing. She had no idea what I'd been thinking so I took it as a green light to continue, despite the dismal numbers. I hope someone is still getting something from these entries.

Now onto point two. Since I didn't have my phone on me this morning to snap a pic in the moment, I decided to just keep my eyes open until something else popped up. And of course, I found something that's always here:

It's a silly face selfie, taken per Abby's request. My not-quite-so-little sidekick and I spent much of the afternoon watching a Diagnosis Murder marathon on the Hallmark Channel (again, because she wanted to, as funny as that is). I love seeing how her mind works; how she reasons out the cases and figures out the whodunnits. She's smart. I always wanted to have a bunch of little girls, and I may have wound up with just one, but she's the best one I can imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Sherry--
    I read your posts, if not every day, then several times a week. You have shown us (your readers) the gift of humor, given us glimpses of grace, and shared the wonder that is contained in the tiniest of examples of God's love. Whether you stop soon or not, please know that you have made a difference.
    Love,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete