Saturday, May 3, 2014

May 3

Today was probably the busiest Saturday I've had in a long while. I began it by donning a dress and speaking at my church's women's retreat. Then I came home, slipped into my 80s gear (and hair) and helped Abby with hers before running over to the dance studio for photo number one. Then I ran home again, and while Abby changed into her tap costume I helped Isaac into his (and tried very hard to de-frizz my hair just a wee bit. I failed). But one of the highlights of my day was my talk.

Despite the fact that I had ample time to prepare, I could never seem to come up with the perfect words, so I entered the day not entirely sure of what I'd say when the hour arrived. I just prayed that God would show up and give me the words.

And He did. I not only got through it, but I wasn't nervous and I said what I wanted to say, as well as a few things that just came to me as I was standing there. And the message seemed to resonate with some of the women there.

I love having tangible proof that God shows up when we ask Him to.

No comments:

Post a Comment