Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 28

A brand new Hobby Lobby opened in the next town over not long ago, and Brady and I ventured inside for the very first time this morning. It's an insanely overwhelming store stuffed to the gills with every kind of crafting item I could imagine. I went in to buy a scrapbook and pages for a project I'm working on; I left with more than that (of course). My haul included these:

Brady and I traversed the aisles, taking it all in, until we came to the one devoted to car models. Brady was agog over the never-ending rows of build-able cars, but these Matchbox and Hot Wheels like minis are what got my attention. I hadn't seen this particular brand in some time, so I stepped in for a close look. I was immediately gratified to find not just one but two different Corvettes. So naturally, I bought them.

I haven't said much about it here, but I've really missed Logan lately. I'm not sure what triggered the feelings, but I actually cried last night thinking about it. And that's a big anomaly for me of late. So seeing those brand new-to-me Corvettes was like a little hug from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment