Friday, May 9, 2014

May 9

I had another unexpected conversation today. I was watching Abby's dance class when another mom stood next to me and suddenly starting talking. I'd seen her many times before --one of her daughters was in Isaac's class last year-- but we'd never spoken. And as it turned out, we have something in common: she too lost a son.

The circumstances of our respective losses were completely different, but the sense of pain and loss and heartache is the same. I don't know why, but I'm always shocked whenever I find out that someone else I see on a regular basis is part of his sisterhood I've joined. It reminds me in very tangible fashion that we're all injured in one way or another.

I don't really have a photo that goes with this; I knew in the middle of the conversation that it was my wink for the day, but I didn't want to whip my phone out and take a picture. So I settled for a quick pic that references dance:

It's kind of ugly, but it fits the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment