Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11

Mother's Day.

I never imagined that this occasion would be anything but a happy one, but it is, of course, bittersweet. I spent it with my family, opening carefully created or chosen presents, attending a brunch/pool party with extended family, stopping by Logan's grave to water his flowers.

But my favorite moments of all came when we sat down at the kids' table to dine at the Pajama Royal.

Part of my gift from Abby was a new pair of pajamas, and after Adam and I tried to figure out what to do for dinner, Abby took matters into her own hands and created a 'restaurant' at the kids' table, complete with personalized menus (note the pajamas on mine; a very good rendering of the real deal, in fact). We had chicken nuggets, apple slices, cheese sticks, taquitos, and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (and I had a spinach salad made by me; the rest was prepped by Adam). Then we sat around telling stories about our moms.

Although I wish I could hear Logan's story about me, he was present in his own way: when it came to be Isaac's turn, he shared that he remembered how Logan would always pick out necklaces for me on special occasions. And that's why he wanted to get me a bracelet.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment