Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 10

I turn 39 tomorrow. I could be shy about my age, but I own it. (And I also know that since almost all of my friends are older than me, they're rolling their eyes at me about now. That's okay, too!) My last day as a 38-year old was yet another mega-super rainy one. It poured on and off all day long, and the sun never emerged from behind the clouds. But it was totally okay for us, because there were puddles and rain boots in the mix.

I can be fairly strict with the kids, but I let up a bit this afternoon at pick-up time. They were, after all, wearing coats and boots and there were big, gorgeous, ankle-deep puddles everywhere on the walk from the school to the car. So I let 'em have at it and they splished and splashed and squealed. By the time we pulled away from the curb to drive over to the middle school to get Abby, they were very wet. But also very happy.

And those smiles are a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment