Thursday, January 5, 2017

January 5

I have to be honest: we're almost two weeks into winter break, and the kids are driving me a wee bit nuts. The Little Boys constantly wrestle, make messes, and/or bicker, and Abby can't stop talking about Animal Jam. (Although given that she could also spend hours droning on about My Little Pony, I guess I could be thankful that it's only AJ.) I don't like admitting that and I don't like feeling that way, since I know I should treasure every single moment I have with them. So this evening at Costco, after they annoyed me all throughout dinner in the food court, I decided to deliberately shift my perspective.

As we trolled the aisles, Brady and Isaac continued playing The Staring Game (which they also played during dinner). I decided to not be annoyed with them and instead just watched. And what I saw made me smile in spite of my natural inclinations: they laughed and hugged and really enjoyed one another's company.

It was a beautiful, blessed sight, I tell ya. I'm glad I didn't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment