Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 31

I didn't have any particularly deep thoughts today, nor did I take any photos. So when I sat down to write a few minutes ago, I was at a loss. So I had to stop, think, reflect, and utter a prayer for help.

It didn't occur to me earlier, but today was Logan's half-birthday. If he was still with us physically, he'd be exactly 10 1/2. I suppose he still is, though I confess that I have no clue how all of that space/time stuff works in the great hereafter.

Anyway, before he got sick --and even well into his illness-- he was fascinated by what he termed 'zoom cars.' To this day, I'm not entirely sure what made a given vehicle qualify for zoom car status; whenever I asked him, he simply replied 'cool wheels.' I bought this car the other day, but I only found the winks in it today: in the name --AmaZOOM-- and in the multicolored wheels. I'm no automotive expert, but I'm pretty sure they would count as 'cool wheels' on a 'zoom car.'

A small thing, but a sweet thing for me, especially given the weight of the past and the days to come. Happy half birthday, Sunshine of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment