Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 4

It rained all day long. It didn't bother me much; since I grew up on the east coast and winter was often a "let's not go outside" kind of season, I'm used to being inside. But it was much more difficult for poor Isaac, who repeatedly asked to go outside, and got frustrated when I kept saying no. Fortunately, they all wound up playing relatively peacefully together, but it was touch and go.

Anyway, I didn't really have an aha moment today. I don't know if it's because I didn't look very hard or because it was such a low key day, but nothing caught my attention until a few minutes ago.

These are some of the Christmas lights that currently line our staircase. We'll probably take them down in a few days, but for now, their lovely, colorful glow illuminates an area that's usually dark at night. The sight was a reminder to me that we're supposed to be lights --in our own unique, God-given ways-- in this often dark world in which we live. So let's do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment