Sunday, January 15, 2017

January 15

Today was another low-key one in the mountains. The kids (and Adam) spent most of their time outside playing in the snow while I hunkered down inside. I did join them for a little while in the afternoon for a single tube ride with the Little Boys and a snowball fight. (Well, sort of. I recorded everyone else having a fight but no one dared to throw a snowball in my direction.)

This is us with Olaf Junior. I think Brady and Adam built him, and he's quite the impressive snowman. He stood there smiling while the snowball battle raged all around him and when short people riding inner tubes barreled in his direction and threatened his very existence.

Yep, in spite of it all, he just kept smiling. Of course, he's an inanimate object so it's not hard for him to keep a grin on his icy little face, but I can always work on maintaining a positive attitude. Not fake or artificial --because I think it's important to be real, even when real means being reflective or sad at times-- but it's a blessing to me when I remember to consciously look for the good amid the not-as-good.

No comments:

Post a Comment