Wednesday, January 11, 2017

January 11

Birthdays are bittersweet for me, so in the moments before I got out of bed this morning, I prayed that I would "see" Logan today. In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't expect much, but that tiny little request received more than one answer.

The first reply came 10 minutes later in the form of an email from Adam entitled 'Your first birthday present.' Inside I found a link to the Cars 3 trailer. It didn't come out today, per se, but I completely forgot to check it out a few days ago, so it was new to me and entirely appropriate.

Number two came an hour or two later. Adam took the Little Boys to school for me, and after I dropped Abby off, I met a few friends for coffee. I had a nice time chatting with them and peripherally noticed the periodic rain showers outside. I missed seeing the huge rainbow that arced across the sky at one point, but other friends had me covered: two sent photos my way along with birthday wishes. (Thank you, N and M!)

After lunch for just Adam and me at CPK, we all headed out to dinner at On the Border where I received answer number three: the hostess inadvertently gave us an extra kids' menu. It was beautiful. I brought it home.

After dinner, we had cake and presents, and now I'm sitting alone in the family room, listening to the hum of the dishwasher and the din of old reruns on TV. Yep, birthdays are bittersweet, but with all of the reminders of my Sunshine, today was more sweet than bitter. And for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment