Thursday, January 26, 2017

January 26

It was impossible to not notice the brand new, bright yellow Corvette parked in front of the Toys R Us this morning. I gave it a long look as I passed by and naturally, Logan appeared in my mind's eye, just as he always does when I see those supercharged sports cars. But that wasn't all -- this time I had a thought, too: You left something for me, didn't you?. Me and my cars, I know, but I had the sense, in that moment, that he'd somehow managed to leave me one in the store. And as odd as it may sound, I was right.

I'd been looking for this one for a month; it's one that's popular with resellers, so they've been snapping them up as quickly as possible, leaving a scarce supply for people like me. But today, there it was on the pegs, right out in front.

This is a taxing time of year for me, but these little signs from beyond --a beautiful, sunshine-colored car and a little golden one that I honestly didn't expect to find-- make the days a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment