Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16

Way back when, before things got complicated, Abby was Adam's girl and Logan was my boy. Really. She tended to favor dad, while Logan favored me. It's just the way it was. Those days are, of course, long gone: Logan is no longer with us, and Abby spends the great majority of her time with me. So this was a nice stitch in time today:

On our way home from the cabin, we stopped at the McDonalds in Angels Camp for lunch. While we waited for the Little Boys to finish their food (they were extraordinarily distracted by the emoji toys they found in their Happy Meal bags so the nuggets and apples were consumed at an equally extraordinarily gradual pace), Abby, Adam, and I sat and shot the breeze. At some point, she jumped up and gave him a hug around the neck, and I quickly snapped this pic to preserve the moment.

The old days may be finished, but it's a blessing to get those occasional flickers from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment