Monday, September 18, 2017

September 18

It was a nice enough day, as far as Mondays go. I started by taking kids to school, and then met up with a trio of friends to catch up over coffee. After I picked Brady up, I watched him as he --and a handful of kids I didn't really recognize-- played at the park.

At one point, he ran over and told me --excitedly-- that I had to come see what they'd done. I complied, and found that they'd dug through the tan bark to the concrete platform below. I gave them the thumbs' up, reminded them to fill it in before they headed off so no unsuspecting victim would fall in and die, and wandered back to my observation perch until the second bell rang and we had to go.

I love how Brady gets along with other kids. He may not be the very first to say hello, but once he's comfy, he's all-in.

P.S. I think he's probably swallowed the potato now. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment