Friday, September 29, 2017

September 29

I've gotten really, really bad at taking pictures. I'm not sure why, since I've always been a ginormous shutterbug, but somehow, the click-click compulsion has eluded me of late. Of course, that means when I get to the end of the day, it can be hard to pinpoint a moment. So today I'll just touch on lunchtime.

It doesn't happen every week, but Adam likes to work from home some Fridays. And today, he managed to make it happen. And on his home-days, we try to go to lunch together, so that's what we did today.

Between a late-morning meeting for him and a 1:55 pickup time for me, we didn't have a lot of time, but we squeezed in a visit to Baja Fresh, and sat outside under an umbrella while we chatted and ate.

Just a relatively short set of moments, but a nice time to reconnect and check in nonetheless. And the refillable cup pictured? Well, it's just a reminder that though daily life can tax our reserves --and drain our cups, to be punny-- God's always around to provide refills of grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment