Wednesday, September 27, 2017

September 27

A largely uneventful day began with a mundane little moment that meant a whole lot to me.

I was standing at the counter at Starbucks talking to the manager when a woman approached and asked if I was Sherry. I said yes, and since she's a friend of a friend, I said I knew her name and said hello. After a pause, she smiled and told me that she still thinks of Logan. And that she was thinking of him the other day and decided to take her kids out for ice cream. Just because of Logan.

She looked like she might cry so I said a very sincere thank you and she was off.

The whole exchange lasted less than 30 seconds, but it made my day exponentially more beautiful. And it made me wonder how *I* could make someone else's day more beautiful.

Thanks Kim. It meant so much more than you'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment