Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September 5

We opted to escape our non-air conditioned house this evening for dinner. As we chatted over Chick fil A, Abby did something that made me laugh. Again.

She's studying the colonies in History, so she decided to come up with cheesy jokes for each one. (Seriously. She made up colony jokes for fun.) Anyway, the jokes were extremely cheesy and they made me laugh in spite of myself. And truthfully, they were also extremely clever; so much so that I silently marveled over her quick wit (and lamented the deterioration of my own).

There's not much about the past few days that's been particularly funny, but this girl managed to make it much more palatable with her goofy sense of humor.

That, my friends, is a blessing that's all too easy to overlook.

1 comment: