Sunday, September 3, 2017

September 3

It's been something of a bum-around kind of weekend, just because it's been so hot outside. We did go to church this morning, and then this afternoon, I took a quick trip to Target for some taco shells for dinner. While I was there, I found these:

I feel a little silly about it, but I still collect these cars. I'm sure that if he were here, Logan would've long-since moved on from the "Cars" franchise, but since he's frozen in time as a 5 1/2 year old for me, I gravitate to what I remember. And that will forever be "Cars."

Anyway, these particular cars were meaningful to me for an extra reason. They're from the demolition derby scene in "Cars 3." They're beaten and battered and just physically-speaking, complete wrecks. But they keep going anyway, and they seem to enjoy themselves. And I feel like that describes me much of the time: I'm a wreck, but I still keep going. And most of the time, I try to smile while I'm doing what I'm doing because I know I still have a purpose here.

No comments:

Post a Comment