Wednesday, November 1, 2017

November 1

Today was a staff development day at school so the kiddos had the day off. (Yep. They call it "staff development" but I'm pretty sure it's a euphemism for "I don't want to deal with your sugar-laden children on the day after Halloween." Anyway....) So we (well, just I) slept in a bit and then went to Boomers with some friends for some go kart riding and water cannon shooting and laser tag and mini golf playing. (And chatting for me.)

Abby has my dry wit and love of occasional goofiness (and sass, if I'm being totally honest here), so she cracked me up as she and Brady rode around the go kart course. Every time she passed by my perch, she'd make a different facial expression or give a different hand gesture and shout a different idiom.

I was just an observer, but I loved watching her let loose and enjoy herself. With all of the pressure kids face these days, it's a pleasure to see her be... a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment