Monday, November 27, 2017

November 27

I went for a walk by myself this morning. It was a brisk day (well, brisk for Northern Californians whose Maryland roots have become wussified over the past 20 years) so I quickened my pace a bit. By the time I got halfway around the path, I wished I had a car to take me the rest of the way. But I'm glad I went because it gave me some time to think.

It would be so amazing if, on our birthdays, we were each presented with an individualized map and instruction manual for our time on this earth. I know that over the course of my journey, I've found myself on lots of paths like the one pictured: partially obscured by obstacles or other distractions that make me a bit less sure of myself than I'd like to be. I mean, I can kind of see where I should go, but I'm just not certain.

We may not get those personalized instructions and maps, but we do have the gift of faith and of believing that God will, in His timing, lead us where He wants us to go. And though it may be frustrating when we can't see what's next, it's a blessing to know that He has it all under control... even when it feels like everything is falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment