Saturday, November 18, 2017

November 18

It's not unusual for people to remark that Abby is my mini-me, and in many ways, that observation is correct. We're both masters of sarcasm, we're both driven, and we share a similar goofy sense of humor. (And some think we look a little alike, too.) Although she's clearly my child, there are moments that very clearly remind me that she's Adam's child as well.

Adam has always been a fan of fantasy books (which I affectionately call 'dork books.' Apologies to any dork book lovers out there). He's shared that affinity with Abby, and now they both enjoy reading them together. I guess a new book by one of his favorite authors came out recently, so they ran to the bookstore together to buy a copy last week. Then this morning the doorbell rang, and the package contained a pair of sweatshirts from the book's official release: one for him and one for her. They both wasted no time in donning their new apparel, and went to lunch wearing them.

It's been a real blessing to watch the two of them interact over the past 13-plus years. Relationships can definitely be hard --especially when they're marred by brokenness as so many are-- so I feel fortunate that theirs is strong (even if they are united by dork books).

No comments:

Post a Comment