Friday, November 17, 2017

November 17

Tonight, as we often do, we went to In N Out after the boys' swim lessons. When the guy at the window asked if I wanted ketchup, I said yes, and man alive, did he ever give me ketchup. Here's just part of our tomato-y loot:

As I chuckled over the pile of leftover packets on the stove after dinner, I had a thought. I think that in general, we tend to ask God for very small things, so when He delivers the really big blessings, we're surprised. The thing is, God is a God of big things. He's also the God of tiny things, of course, but as the writer of the Book of Life itself, He can do anything and everything.

So if you're holding back and not asking the big ask, or if you've lost hope that a long-standing painful circumstance will ever change for the better, just ask. And keep asking, because you never know when He'll decide to give you 50 ketchup packets rather than the five you expected. (And the 50 He delivers will be infinitely more amazing than the 20 that you only dreamed you might receive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment