Friday, November 10, 2017

November 10

This evening while Isaac was off at his church youth group activity and Abby was upstairs in her room reading funny dog-related memes, Brady sat on the couch watching the "MacGyver" reboot (yeah, I know) while I zoomed around the house cleaning up.

As I straigtened and tossed and laundered and soaked, Brady periodically asked me to come and cuddle with him. I put him off three or four times until he --with BearBear tucked under his chin-- gave me a particularly plaintive look and I gave in. So I sat and he leaned into my chest. We only sat for a few minutes because we had to leave to bring Isaac home, but those moments were some of the sweetest of my day.

Slow down. Love. Breathe. Feel. Experience. Love more. Corny, I know, but as the busyness of the holiday season sets in, I'll be repeating those words to myself more than just a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment