Sunday, November 19, 2017

November 19

I looked at the bulletin while sitting in church this morning and poked Adam when I saw the date. Why? Because 20 years ago today, we started dating officially. Maybe that sounds weird, but we were in college at the time and went for a long, late-night stroll after our InterVarsity meeting. At one point, we stopped at a swingset and talked for a while. Although I don't remember exactly what was said, the end result was that we started the conversation as friends, and left to head back to the dorms as a couple. So that was November 19, 1997.

And this is now.

It was a spur of the moment thing, but we decided to go out to dinner tonight to mark the date. So we braved the mall and sat in our little booth at CPK and ate and talked and remembered.

The past 20 years have included both the very best and the very worst moments of my life, and every single one has been shared with Adam. It's not always been easy, but it's definitely been worth the effort. So today, I'm deeply thankful for the blessing that he's been --and continues to be-- to me and the family we've built.

No comments:

Post a Comment