Tuesday, March 13, 2018

March 13

It's funny how the weather often mirrors my moods. Some days are of a pure, roll-the-windows-down-and-crank-up-the-radio ilk, while others are overcast and gloomy. Then there are the ones like today, which couldn't seem to decide if it wanted to be rainy or sunny or cloudy or cold or warm. (That's a drawn out way of saying that I, like most of the general population, can be mercurial and scattered.) But one thing I'm always happy to see --especially on a wacky weather day-- is a rainbow.

I saw this one when I was driving Abby to her youth group meeting early this evening. In fact, when I finally spied it in the sky, I actually exclaimed "well, well, I've been looking for you all day!" (I think the kids thought I was a little nutso.) Especially on those up and down days, there's really nothing like a visible reminder of God's presence and provision, and that's exactly what a rainbow represents.

1 comment: