Thursday, March 22, 2018

March 22

There's something about belly-shaking laughter that makes my heart absolutely sing, and it crooned an entire chorus this afternoon while I drove these boys to their field trip destination across town.

Honestly, I didn't want to go on this trip, and only went when summoned due to a volunteer shortage. I was even less thrilled when a whopping five boys (including Isaac, of course) trooped out of the classroom and followed me out to my car. (Because spoiler alert: fourth grade boys are loud.)

But I have to tell you, they were incredibly --and unexpectedly-- entertaining. They started with a cacophony of conversation that I had no nope of following. That melted into a chorus of a song I'd heard but didn't know the words to, and then came the laughter as we passed a car carrying a group of their classmates. Beautiful, pinging, crazy laughter that was so young and energetic and heartfelt and joyful that I couldn't help but smile.

So my tip for the day? Stay open to those unexpected moments and drink up every drop of goodness they produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment