Wednesday, March 28, 2018

March 28

Every now and then I'm proud of something I do. I'm not really one to talk about those things, but I'll make an exception today. I made this cake --which is essentially a giant chocolate swiss roll-- for my friend's birthday.

Although the recipe claimed it was "easy," it took me three separate tries to get it right. The first batch went wrong when a container of popcorn seasoning fell out of a cabinet and into the bowl (since, you know, stuff always falls on me when I'm in the kitchen). The second fell victim to a quartet of eggs I forgot to bring to room temperature before heating. But the third one was pretty darn perfect (at least by my not-quite-perfect-is-good-enough-in-the-kitchen standards).

So yeah. I'm proud of myself for persevering when it would've been far easier to give up. And though it means I probably wind up feeling hurt more often than might otherwise be the case, I'm thankful for my tendency to keep trying because every now and then, that persistence can produce something pretty darn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment