Friday, March 2, 2018

March 2

It rained and then the sun came out and then rained and then the sun came out and then rained more and then stopped. And as of right now, it's raining again. With the perpetual coming and going of sunlight, I ducked my head outside multiple times looking for a rainbow, but didn't see one until I went to pick up Abby from a friend's house late this afternoon. (The picture is pretty poor, but it's because it was the best I could do while sitting at a stoplight:)

Metaphorically speaking, I spend a lot of time looking for rainbows. I think I always have, because underneath my layers of baggage, I do tend to think the best of people and of situations. And that is, of course, a double-edged blade because it means I can be naive, which means I probably get hurt more than most. And that sucks. But I'll keep looking for rainbows anyway, because I think it's what we should all be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment