Thursday, March 8, 2018

March 8

I had more than a few chance (well, not really chance since I don't believe in chance) encounters today with friends, so as I sit here watching the latest installment of "Jessica Jones" with Adam, my heart feels especially full. I could write an entire entry on any one of those meet-ups, but I want to focus on something I saw as I was leaving Walmart this morning.

It's almost impossible to see, but under those beautiful puffy clouds, a woman wearing a neon Walmart vest is holding a disabled man's arm and pushing a cart toward the crosswalk. I don't know the extent of her job description, of course, but it felt like a 'beyond the call of duty' kind of moment, and the scene made me simultaneously smile and tear up.

We so often see the bad part of humanity that it's a blessing to be reminded --in a visible way-- that regular people are still doing very good things, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment