Tuesday, March 27, 2018

March 27

It was a busy, busy day that began with an impromptu coffee date with a friend, continued with two (simultaneous, unfortunately) baseball games, and concluded with me feverishly finishing up a project that probably inspired the sprouting of a few extra gray hairs. Although the day teemed with activity, my favorite moments were just that: moments that I'd have missed had I not been paying attention.

The first --which, of course, is not pictured-- featured Abby summoned Brady and hugging him in her lap while we waited to walk down to the field that was to host his ballgame. I have no clue what inspired the unexpected show of affection, but it was sweet. And then there was this moment as we walked back to the car after dinner. Just as she did the first time, she summoned Brady and then scooped him into her arms.

I didn't ask for an explanation and she didn't offer one up, so I'll just take it for what it was: an unexpected but welcomed burst of affection from one sibling to another. Given how cold the world can be, that kind of love is pretty darn special.

No comments:

Post a Comment