Saturday, March 24, 2018

March 24

Adam and I were baseball people long before Isaac decided he wanted to play, so I don't think either of us minds spending long Saturdays at the Sports Park. It's great to be outside (when it's not raining or cold or windy) and it's super fun to chat with friends new and old (because Heaven knows there's little I love more than good chit-chat). And, of course, it's nice to win! Brady's division doesn't really keep score, but he pitched two innings and had two legitimate hits today, and Isaac's team won.

It always makes me happy when my kiddos are proud of themselves, and Isaac is so hard on himself (seriously, I've never seen a kid nit-pick his own performances like he does) that I was doubly delighted when he doubled during his second at-bat. He drove in a pair of runs and just looked so happy as he stood on second base that I thought my heart might explode.

Of course, success is often fleeting and unpredictable and if I had to choose between my kids being good people or good AT something, I'd choose the former. But those moments of triumph are blessings nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment