Saturday, April 14, 2018

April 14

A rain-free spring Saturday equals several hours spent at the Sports Park for our family. Fortunately, today also ended with a tally mark in the win column for Isaac's team. Here he is, just a few moments before he tripled to the outfield:

Isaac's team has struggled a bit, but I have to say that I'm really proud of how he's played. He's a better player in just about every sense this season and plays hard, but even better, he's patient and understanding and never casts blame on anyone for anything, no matter how egregious the error. At one point earlier in the season, one of his teammates made a significant base running error, and when I started to comment on it later, he stopped me and said 'but mom, he's never played before. He didn't know.' Talk about a humbling experience for me.

So yeah, today I'm thankful for the win, but I'm also thankful that playing baseball gives Isaac's character a chance to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment