Saturday, April 28, 2018

April 28

There were many things to love about today. There was a 10-pitch, 1-2-3 inning for Isaac (who rarely pitches), a nice hit for Brady, a pleasant (albeit very late) lunch with the family (during which I took a pretty epic video clip of Abby doing the Macarena), an evening Target run with my girl, and the Little League family fun day that included a crazy pick-up game that pretty much threw all caution to the wind. And then there was this:

When I bought a bunch of raffle tickets, I assumed we wouldn't actually win anything (since I never do). So imagine my surprise when we wound up scoring the one item that most of the attendees really wanted: a jersey signed by local resident and A's star Stephen Piscotty.

After the crapstorm that was most of this week (and honestly, most of the previous few weeks, too), today felt like a fount of blessings. So for that, I am infinitely thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment