Monday, April 16, 2018

April 16

The weather today was... weird. It was partly sunny and then it rained and then it hailed. And then the sun came out again. Mercifully, the skies were clear-ish as Brady and I went to pick up Isaac from school. As Brady skipped by the park, he gleefully remarked that he hoped there would be a big jumping puddle available.

In the end no such puddle existed, but I had to smile at his enthusiasm. I definitely don't get excited at the thought of a nice jumping puddle, but I remember when I did. And I'm thankful for that youthful exuberance and innocence, even if it is fairly short-lived, because when I see it in my kids, I'm reminded that the little things really do matter. And better yet, that we can find joy in many, many places if we're open to finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment