Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 22

Today was Little League at the A's Day, so as we often do, we took the kiddos to the game. We took part in the pre-game parade, saw the A's win over the BoSox (which made my little Oriole-loyalist heart so happy), and then ran the bases before heading home.

While I recovered from the heat at home a little later on --because dude, the sun was brutal and we were definitely not in the shade-- I reflected on how much baseball has enriched my life. When I was a kid, I watched and listened to games and kept score. (And very occasionally went to one in person.) When I was a young adult, Adam and I went to A's games and when we didn't, we religiously watched them on TV and tracked the team's progress. Now, I'm a baseball mom and in addition to getting to watch my boys play, I've made some pretty amazing friends over the years who truly make my life better. (And who, barring some sort of additional divine intervention, I would never have met without the shared experience of being a baseball mom.)

So for all of that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment