Thursday, April 5, 2018

April 5

I do not love this picture but I do love the people in it, so I'm getting over myself and using it anyway.

As often happens during school breaks, I took the short people out to brunch at Black Bear Diner this morning. So that's where this picture was taken. Abby ordered way too much food, Isaac gobbled up his waffle in record time and then enjoyed some of my food and some of Brady's. And there were boxes a'plenty when we left. So all in all, it was a good experience for all of us.

But that's not all I want to say here. I like pictures and take them as often as I can. They're how I remember important and mundane events alike, and I really love those little windows into the past. I don't usually mind being in them, but when I looked at this one, I was dismayed by the very obvious lines around my eyes and wondered when I'd gotten so wrinkly. I almost deleted it, but didn't because I want to remember brunch. I want to remember as many of the seconds I'm gifted with Abby, Isaac, and Brady as possible, and I want to remember them --at least in part-- because I won't get to create new memories with Logan. And least not during this life. So though I don't love this picture and I don't love those laugh lines, I'm happy to have this visual reminder filed away because this day will never happen again. And I want to savor every last drop of its goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment