Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April 25

My friend Steph celebrated a big birthday today. (I won't tell you which one, but it was pretty nifty. Sorry Steph).

I first met her back when Isaac and her younger daughter were in a dance class together. (They were in preschool.) We didn't interact much then, but became friends when we realized that we had a lot of strange things in common: we're both originally from Maryland, we both have family in Nebraska, our kids go to the same elementary school and have been the in the same classes over and over again, we're both on the PTA board (though in fairness I'm only on the board partly because of her), and more.

I don't see her all that often these days --mostly because for the first time ever, her son and Isaac aren't on the same baseball team-- but I really enjoy our time when we do make the moments happen. She's fair-minded and incredibly easy to talk to, and I'm thankful for her friendship.

Happy birthday, Stephanie!

1 comment: