Tuesday, October 15, 2019

October 15

I think it's partly a function of experience and partly that of me just being me (and, well, human), but some days are definitely more draining than others. And when I say draining, I mean draining. And as I sit on my couch right now flipping through today's images on my phone, I realize that I didn't really take many; just a series of Brady being silly in the car while we waited for the others after school. So here's one of them:

I love this face. And I love Isaac's face and Abby's face. And Logan's face, even though I can only see his in pictures. But loving those faces doesn't mean that I don't have days when I just need to sit back and rest. Some days my body just screams "sit down! Close your eyes!" even as my mind says "I don't have time for that." But I need to make time for it, both so I can allow God to give me real, truly restorative rest, and also so I can be a better mom to these sweet faces of mine.

And you know something? You need rest, too. YOU, the person reading this right now. So make time for it, even if you're scared that doing so will put you so far behind on your to-do list that you'll never catch up. It'll be okay. Take the time. Be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment