Tuesday, October 8, 2019

October 8

So yeah, this is a picture I took of myself in a bathroom this morning.

I can count the number of times I've taken a selfie in a public restroom on one finger, and I only did it because a) I thought I looked cute, and b) there was a giant, full-length mirror right there in front of me. So there ya go.

So why on earth am I posting it? One reason is "I didn't take any other photos today." But the more salient reason is this: I don't exactly bleed self-confidence. I think a lot of us are probably secretly hard on ourselves, and I fully admit that I'm one of those people. But today, I felt good and valued and significant, and I'm thankful that I did because my head knows that that's just how God sees me. (My heart is still trying to get the message, but I'm working on it.) So here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment